Congrats to Donna on getting not just her first but her second and third muscle-ups today. She's followed the program and progressed week after week, Going from getting pull-ups, to chest-to-bars, to bar muscle-ups, and just last week linking bar muscle-ups. She didn't get these by chance nor will she not be able to get them in the future. She's stuck to the plan and developed a great base of strength and technique to build off of! Now on to 30 muscle-ups for time!
1. February Attendance Challenge --- you workout -- you get free stuff. Make sure to sign-in for class to get credit towards the proshop
2. Sign-up for the Open @ games.crossfit.com -- we will be hitting these workouts every Saturday as a community and top scores win prizes from awesome sponsors.
3. #savethetens -- After losing a whole bunch of 10s in recent weeks, we're trying to re-emphasis some barbell etiquette -- if you have anything less than 25lb plates on your bar, do not drop it from any height above your hips.
4. Ricky will be here this Friday night to make up her Flexible Dieting meet-up. Come with questions about flexible dieting and if it fits your macros.
5. Open tees are on presale.... get your order in now so you have them for the kickoff of the Open!
30 jumping jacks 2 lengths of the gym each movement: walking samson lunges crab walk (1 forward, 1 backward) kossack Burpee broad jump
Part 1: 0-10 min 21-15-9 Deadlift 185/125# Box jump 24/20" After you finish the work: row, walk or bike at a light pace until the 10 minute mark
The idea for today is speed then keep moving slowly while you recover.
Part 2: 10-20 minutes 21-15-9 Wall ball 20/14# Pull ups After you finish the work: row, walk or bike at a light pace until the 10 minute mark
Part 3: 20-30 min 21-15-9 Toes to bar KB swings 53/35# After you finish the work: row, walk or bike at a light pace until the 10 minute mark
Recovery: 30-40 min 1 min sciatic nerve floss each leg 1 min pigeon pose each leg 1 min lunge stretch each leg 1 min thoracic rotation each arm Foam roll in remaining time
FITNESS (11AM, 7PM)
With a tabata clock- 6 rounds of: 20 sec on side shuffle, 10 sec bottom of the squat.
A) 2 rounds
2 rounds of: 10 beat swings, 10 bottom of the burpee, 10 boot straps hold the bottom for 3 sec, 2 length walking samsom stretch - all to warm up each skill.
WOD- 50 reps of each for time Pull ups burpees box jumps sit ups wall balls walking lunges t2b air squats