Some of our Sunday Team WOD athletes discussing strategy before today's workout.
1. This Friday, December 19 is the next installment of Friday Night Lights. This version is in partners, please find a partner and sign up, or let us know you need one and we will try to assign you one.
2. This Saturday, December 20th is the Holiday Party. We will meet at the gym at 8pm and then head over to The Local Ale House in Island Park. Light food will be served and happy hour drink specials are in effect all night.
Overall as a staff we were very happy with the amount of responses to the survey and also the type of response. That said, we still have some work to do to make our community the best one around. Below are some of the changes you can look forward to seeing in January.
1. You will have an opportunity to bring your membership rates down! If you go to our website and click on "pricing" which is located under the "About Us" tab, you will see all of our options available to you. Please note, YOUR MEMBERSHIP DOES NOT HAVE TO CHANGE. We have increased our month to month rate to new members, but your rates will never go up on you. If you would like to convert your membership to one of the options on our list and take advantage of the perks that come with them, please let one of your coaches know.
2. We got a lot of responses that people have been enjoying having two coaches in class on Tuesdays at 5. We are going to extend that feature in January. Beginning in January there will be a two coaches in the 9:30am class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and there will be two coaches in the 5pm class on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
3. We are adding classes on the weekend! Beginning in January, our weekend schedule will be as follows. Elements at 8am on Saturday (going back to the group elements), Weightlifting and Endurance at 9, a second helping of endurance at 10, then open gym at 11. On Sunday we will be adding a Mobility and Active Recovery class at 9am, and open gym from 11-12.
4. We will have open gym ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! You read that right. Beginning in January, Active Life Athletics - CrossFit Island Park will not close after the last morning class ends. We will have open gym hours until 4pm on Monday, and until 5pm every other week day starting after our last morning class ends!
5. "Fitness" class will begin in January. Fitness class is described on the website under the tab that says "programs". Fitness class will be offered at 11am Monday-Friday and Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7pm. Those times will also be our new elements times to coincide with the Saturday morning 8am class. Fitness classes WILL NOT be easy, but the workouts will be more mobility and endurance focused.
6. Want to work out even harder? We will be introducing an option for you beginning in January. Our RX and Scaled model will remain the same. We will be adding a "scale up" option. Just like scaling down, the scale up option will be discussed upon the introduction of the workout in class by the coach. Scale ups will be specific and aimed to make the workout more difficult for people looking for more of a challenge than the workout provides as it's written.
7. More equipment is coming.
8.We are rolling out an organized incentive program for referrals, and we will be making it easier for your friends to try us out. You will all be receiving an email about how this program will work.
We hope you find these changes as exciting as we do. The most important thing to the entire coaching staff is that you feel valued, and enjoy coming to the gym. We thrive off of constructive criticism and you guys gave us some great stuff to work with. Thank you.
10 Push Ups
10 Toe Touches
5 sec Bottom of Ring Dip Hold+5 Ring Dips+5 second Ring Support
10 Empty Bar High Pulls
In 15 minutes, find a 3RM Power Clean
"Heavy-lizabeth" - This workout is meant to be hard and fast if you can move the weight. You should plan to take no breaks of more than 15 or 20 seconds between power cleans for the entire duration of the workout.
Power Cleans (185/115)
We have a "scale up" option for today's workout to show you what to expect come January.